Planetary Annihilation Wiki talk:Community portal
This works just like any other Discussion page on any other wiki. Click on the "+" tab above to add to the discussion. Thank you!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (~~~~).
- Put new text under old text.
playing solo[edit source]
how can we play solo? (anonymous question)
- Method 1: in the main menu choose Galactic War
- with this method you have only limited technology and a whole campaign to fight through, which will reveal more and more of the tech to yuo as you win. One lost battle means campaign over, though.
- Method 2: in the main menu choose Multiplayer, then select Create Game, make the game private (which might even be the default) and add an AI only.
- with this method you have all the technology and just one battle
126.96.36.199 20:08, 30 June 2014 (UTC)
Technical troubleshooting[edit source]
I have not found a good source for sorting technical problems into likely causes.
I have got frequent fatal errors when starting a battle. And I have guaranteed fatal errors if i do not restart PA between each battle. Common error messages: * PA.exe: The command in 0xf086c669 points to memory 0x00000000. The command written could not be executed in memory (my translation, except the word "written" which is in English in the Error message) * PA.exe: Unknown Software Error (my translation) * CoherentUI_Host.exe application Error. The Exception Breakpoint A Breakpoint has been reached. (0x80000003) occurred in the application at location 0x00b1ddc0 So I need advice/experience form others whether this is more likely too few RAM, too few RAM on graphics card, are anything else. My system: * RAM in mainboard: 6 GB * RAM on graphics card (GRAM?): 1 GB * CPU: i7 * GPU: nVidia GForce 285
RAM is not fully used. How can I see whether my GRAM is the problem?
Is there a Wiki page for this kind of stuff?
Is thre an online resource with published information on this topic?
188.8.131.52 20:23, 30 June 2014 (UTC)